I am pretty happy with the result. Although there are definitely mistakes, but I have to start somewhere right?
The cover is made of a heavy canvas, so I didn’t back it with paper. I am making my own book binding paper for the next books that I attempt. And the book’s covers and spine are made from a dense cardboard, so it’s not the sturdiest of books. But I still really like it 🙂
Here is the view from the top:
You can see that I misjudged the size of the cover so the book inside sits too far away from the binding. But the canvas worked really well I think.
If you look at it from the front…or no wait…well here, when you look at it from this angle it looks better than it is:
Although you can see that the paper looks weird at the top…..but still I’m pretty darn proud of it. Actually I will probably try to fix that after I finish this post 🙂 .
And both inside covers worked pretty well, I used some paper that I got from an origami set so they would match:
So all in all it’s been a pretty productive day! Oh, I also have some matchbook notebooks to show you, but I will do that in my next post.
Have a lovely evening!
Until next post,